Thursday, May 29, 2008

purpose of this blog

Over the years, I've come up with a bunch of different ideas, mostly philosophical in nature.  While I have certainly been influenced by other thinkers, I believe many of my ideas are novel.  
My hope is that this blog, especially the give and take of the comments, will help me clarify these ideas, possibly allowing their expression in a more traditional form, like essays or a book.
While I have given a lot of thought to the things I write about, there are many cases were I am uncertain, and even where I feel certain, I could, of course, be mistaken.  So this blog will also hopefully help me correct my errors.
Note that (most of) my ideas are not disconnected ramblings.  I have formed a cohesive perspective that suggests a particular agenda for further intellectual development.  Actually, unless I felt like I had some constructive goal in mind like this, I would have trouble writing at all, since criticism by itself seems of questionable value.

No comments: